If you’ve ever been to any sort of book club, PTO potluck or other gathering where a group of women flock to a house holding their favorite tray of snacking goodness, you’ve probably come across the Trader Joe’s 3-ingredient lentil dip. Traditionally, this recipe calls for just three ingredients – all found at Trader Joe’s: cooked lentils, bruschetta sauce and crumbled feta cheese. Its so flavorful and really packs a punch, but the best part is it can be whipped up effortlessly since it uses all ready made ingredients.
Well, just like the scene in Something About Mary where the hitchhiker comes up with a concept thats gonna “blow the 8 minute abs right out of the water” a friend of mine recently introduced me to the 7 minute abs of lentil dip by adding chopped up beets to the mix. The added beets sound like such a subtle ingredient, but it makes the dip that much better. And when it comes to abs and lentil dip, that extra one makes all the difference! In fact, I loved the dip with the beets added so much, I turned it into a dinner salad by adding a couple additional ingredients.
I’ve made this recipe using Trader Joe’s ingredients and the same counterparts found at any old grocery store – in my case HEB. Either will work, but since I love me some Trader Joe’s, I find stocking up on ingredients to make this recipe is the perfect excuse to stop by Trader Joe’s. Their organic herbed spring mix is my favorite salad mix as mentioned in this recipe. The dill is the sand out star so if you are getting your ingredients from another store, add a generous amount of chopped up dill to the salad base.
I find the lentil salad and the fresh dill in the salad mix to be so flavorful, I don’t need a salad dressing, but my husband prefers adding some balsamic dressing to his. Taste without and add as needed.
Ingredients (Any brand will do, but I prefer using all Trader Joe’s Ingredients)
- 1lb salmon
- 2 12oz. jars bruschetta
- 1.5 cup cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 8oz package of steamed and peeled beets, chopped
- 5oz bag Trader Joe’s herb salad mix (alternately, any brand spring mix mixed with lots of chopped dill)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add salmon to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with sea salt and spoon 1 jar of bruschetta over salmon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While salmon is cooking mix lentils, feta, remaining jar of bruschetta and chopped beets in a bowl.
- on a large platter spread out herb salad mix and top with lentil salad mix. When salmon is done cooking top over salad and enjoy.