Looking for a crowd pleasing recipe that’s simple to throw together, but stands out from your typical store bought platter? Look no farther than this five layer hummus dip. It can be prepped in minutes either right before serving or the night before so you can spend your pre party time focused on other tasks.
Adding fresh ingredients to store bought hummus is the perfect middle of the road approach to bringing a homemade dish to an event. The toasted nuts add great flavor and texture making it stand out from Karen’s boring ol’ tub of hummus. Sorry Karen.
Pair it with fresh cut veggies, tortilla chips or pretzel thins, depending on your audience. You can even try kicking it up a notch by swapping out half the hummus for greek yogurt to up the protein and lower the fat.
- 16oz store bought hummus
- 1/4 cup pinenuts
- 2 Persian cucumbers, quartered and chopped
- 12 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- parsley for garnish
- Heat pan over medium low heat until warm and add pine nuts.
- Stir and watch closely for 4 – 5 minutes until just lightly toasted. (Careful – nuts can go from toasted to burnt quickly!)
- Remove from pan into a bowl and set aside.
- Spread hummus in a pie dish.
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers and feta cheese.
- Add toasted pine nuts.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with fresh cut veggies, tortilla or pita chips.