Brussel sprouts are one of those foods you either love or hate (cilantro). If you’re like me and you love Brussel sprouts it can be hard to convince the rest of your household that brussel sprouts with dinner is a good idea. I’ve covered them in cheese, butter, tried various cooking methods – all to find I’m the only one eating them.
Included in last week’s Hungryroot delivery, was a bag of shaved Brussel sprouts and it gave me home that the delicacy off the shaved leafs would……well, to be honest, trick my husband into giving brussel sprouts another chance.
I was determined to come up with a recipe that Lou would like and I’m excited to share that not only did he eat his whole plate. He actually commented on my brussel sprout salad. Shaved Brussels for the win!!
I used Hungryroot shaved Brussels for this recipe, but if you don’t subscribe to Hungryroot, you could also pick up a bag of shaved brussel spouts from most grocers. Curious about trying Hungryroot? Use code 25OFF2ASHLIE for $25 off two boxes ($50 off total).
- 1 bag Hungryroot shaved brussel sprouts
- 8 dried apricots
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- 2 Tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic Marinade
- Add dried apricots to a bowl of hot water and allow to soak for 15 minutes.
- Over low-medium heat, add sliced almonds to a pan and stir frequently 3 -4 minutes until almonds just start to brown and immediately remove from heat. Do not overcook.
- Over medium heat, spray saute pan with avocado cooking oil and add shaved brussel sprouts to pan. You may need to cook in two batches to avoid overcrowding pan. Saute for 3 -4 minutes until tender and remove from pan.
- After apricots have softened, chop and add to bowl with cranberries, brussel sprouts, almonds and Parmesan cheese.
- Add lemon garlic marinade and mix well.