If there is one item that is constantly at the top of my grocery list, its bananas. We go through more bananas in this house, than any other food. They’re tasty, convenient to grab on the way out the door and an excellent base for many recipes, from smoothies to baked goods.
Personally, I prefer my bananas mushy – the more spots, the better. And when it comes to banana bread, mushier is definitely better and sweeter. Ryder LOVES banana bread, but so many pre made loafs are loaded with sugar. I feel the bananas add enough sweetness on their own so I wanted to create a recipe that derives its sweetness from bananas and omit any added sugar.
This recipe is super easy to make. Start by mashing 2 bananas with a fork until it’s more of a thick gooey texture, then add the remaining ingredients, with the exception of the additional 1/2 banana. Once the mixture is poured in the pan, add the chopped banana on top, then pop it in the oven. Enjoy!
- 2 Smashed Ripe Bananas
- 1 cup Gluten Free Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or defrosted
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 banana chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9×5 bread loaf pan with coconut or canola oil.
- Smash 2 bananas with a fork.
- Add oats, baking powder, eggs, salt and blueberries and mix.
- Add batter to baking pan.
- Top with chopped bananas.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator or covered cake stand.