Today marks the first day of my favorite season, fall. I absolutely love this time of year. I love watching the beautiful leaves change colors and drop from the trees, seeing porches get jazzed up with festive decor, the cool nighttime temperature and of course, all the yummy thanksgiving inspired foods….especially my favorite, pumpkin!
These yummy Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Bites are the perfect way to celebrate the change of seasons. They are insanely delicious and you probably have most of the ingredients on hand, already. In fact, I developed this recipe after Ryder had already gone to bed and I was stuck working only with the ingredients I had in the house.
I’ve baked 72 of these bites in the last three days and every single one of them has been gobbled up. Guilty!! (We did have a couple playdates here) The pumpkin and banana keeps them so moist and at 47 calories a pop (not including whip cream) they are a pretty guilt free snack.
They are also super easy to make. It takes less than five minutes to prep these and you really only need one large bowl and a 24 mini muffin baking tray so clean up is breezy.
The recipe calls for 2 ripe bananas mashed. I recommend mashing the bananas with a fork, then adding the pumpkin to the bananas and mixing the two together before adding the remaining ingredients, rather than tossing it all in a blender. They seem to hold better that way.
Also, the recipe calls for 1/8 teaspoon of stevia. We use stevia in place of sugar for most things in our house, though not everyone is a fan of the taste. I’ve tried quite a few brands of stevia and love the Kal brand pure stevia extract the most (Not the organic kind, which tastes a bit different to us). You can find it at Mother’s or on Amazon. It doesn’t have the bitter after taste many other brands do. However, if you haven’t used stevia before, try a bit first before adding to a recipe. Pure stevia extract is 200 – 300 times sweeter per granule than sugar. 1/8 teaspoon in this recipe is equivalent to about 1/4 cup of sugar. You could also use agave or honey, but you’d have to play around with the measurements. I’ve also baked a batch of these with out stevia or a sweetener replacement and they were still delicious!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Muffins
Makes 24 mini muffins
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin (make sure it’s just pureed pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Rolled Oats
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia
- Pre heat oven to 350
- 2. Lightly spray your muffin tin with canola or coconut oil
- Break the banana into chunks and use a fork to mash the banana until you’ve mashed any chunks of banana and the bananas are at a pudding like consistency.
- Add pumpkin and mix together with bananas
- Add oatmeal, egg and remaining ingredients and mix well
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin
- Bake @ 350 for 18 minutes
- Top with whip cream immediately before serving